Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Fun At The Park





Matthew's babysitter called in sick this morning. So, I got to spend the entire day with my little doodlebop! Matthew and I spent part of our time at the park. We have a GREAT park in town that has lots and lots of shade trees and plenty of equipment for children to play and climb on. Matt of course is not really at an age where he can fully enjoy the park and sometimes I (being the wonderful mommy I am !) forget this and try to get him to do things he is just not ready for. For example I tried to walk him through the castle type structures. He wanted no part in this and was content to just walk in a circle around it. When I would try to force him through the structure he would fall in a fit of utter frustration and look up at me with this "leave me alone...I know what I am doing face." When I finally gave up and let him do what he wanted we both had a wonderful time. His favorite thing (other than walking in circles) was the swing. He has always loved the swings at the park. (So much in fact that we bought him his own swing this summer for our yard. It did not last long. The dog ate it. Along with a bush, a plastic bowl I left out side and countless other objects.)

1 comment:

Laurie Blundell said...

He looks like a little boy now--So cute!