Sunday, May 18, 2008

We Hate Being Sick!




Two weeks ago Matt came down with a horrible virus. I took him to his pediatrician and he said there wasn't really anything we could do since it wasn't bacterial. ( I was so hoping for some antibiotics!!) Poor baby, he ran a fever all week long and it never got below 101. The scariest night was Wed. when after dinner his temperature spiked to 105!!! I threw him in the tub with some luke warm water while Marc called Dr. Conner. We took him to the ER for some blood tests. Nothing showed up on the lab results. So, we headed back home and were instructed to keep his temp. down as best we could. We kept cold washrags under his arms and between his legs most of the night. Thankfully, by Friday he was feeling much better.

Of course, the week after Matt was sick I ended up with pink eye and strep throat!!! It has been the worst two weeks at our house. I am still trying to get rid of my sore throat and the redness in my eye is not much better. I have a few more days left of the drops for my eyes so I am just waiting to see.

Did I mention WE HATE BEING SICK at the Russell house????

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I am so SORRY that you guys have been so sick. Logan has had 104 temp. before and it FREAKED me out, so I can totally sympathize with ya'll. Sorry about the pink eye and Strep too! Ya'll need to head back to Mexico! :)
love you
jodi