Sunday, May 4, 2008

Riviera Maya

Last week Marc and I spent a wonderful week in Maya Riviera Mexico. Yes, I took the week off from school to travel with him. His company paid for our entire trip!! It was awesome!!! We stayed in the most beautiful resort I have ever been in.


One day we traveled to the ancient Mayan city of Tulum and marveled at the remains of the ancient city. It was much more impressive than I had anticipated. The city was built on a cliff overlooking the ocean.




Street dancers in Playa del Carmen.


The picture above is the entrance to one of the restaurants we ate at. The Alux was built inside a cave! The food was not as good as we had hoped for but the atmosphere was well worth the cab ride.

The resort had seven different pools. We spent an entire afternoon lounging by the water. It was so relaxing!!


The picture above is from the lobby balcony overlooking the casitas that we actually stayed in. The restort boasts 401 rooms in the main buiding, 90 casitas and several presidential suits on the water.

Isn't the beach beautiful? We spent two days relaxing on the beach and swimming in the pools at the resort. It's going to be very hard to go back to work now. I feel like my summer has already started!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I am SO jealous!! I bet you were loving life last week! Glad you guys had a fun and relaxing trip. Can't wait to get together!
love you
jodi