Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Lullaby

I have been singing songs to Matt since he was born. We sing together all the time but especially at night before bed. Lately, I have been asking him what songs he would like for me to sing to him. He usually requests "Pop Goes The Weasel", "Baa Baa Black Sheep", and "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". After singing his requests, I always sing the following three songs "Jesus Loves Me", "How Great is Our God", and a little song I made up when he was born that follows the tune "Are You Sleeping". Sunday night when I started to sing Jesus Loves Me, he sang with me! He then sang the other two songs as well. It was so precious!! My heart melted when he grinned at me and sang the words to the lullaby I made up for him..."mommy loves you, mommy loves you, very much..." It was priceless!

No comments: