Friday, September 19, 2008

A Sick Little Boy and A Worn Out Mommy (and Nana)

The title tells all.
Tuesday night Marc left for the beaches in Mexico (another work vacation similar to the one we both went on in the spring). It was just too early in the school year for me to take off work so I stayed home to care for Matt and teach. Well...Wednesday morning I noticed that Matt felt a little warm. I took his temperature, loaded him up on Motrin and put the poor baby in the car. I was already running late for school so I had to take him to his babysitters (with instructions to call me if he got worse). Things did get worse.
A doctor's visit and hours later we were sitting in the rocking chair with an ear infection. I stayed home the next day (after being up LATE on Wednesday night) and my mom kept Matt the next night and Friday morning so I could go to school and prepare for open house on Monday night.
Wouldn't you know...Marc was on the beach in Mexico swimming with the dolphins and sipping margaritas while I was up all night with the sick child...When do I get my vacation????

Thanks mom for helping me out with Matt. I don't think we would have survived the three days without you! We love you!

Oh, and I promise one of these days I will post some pictures!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I am so sorry that Matt is feeling bad an you are home alone. We have had our share of sickness and sleepless nights around here lately too. I think last night I got around 4 to 5 hours of sleep. There is no such thing as relaxing weekends anymore! :) Love you and hope we can get together sometime this month!
Jodi

Delaina said...

I would love to get together!! Let me know when you can do it! Love you!
Delaina