Wednesday, September 3, 2008

What's Been Keeping Us So Busy??

Sorry for the lack of postings in August. I have been so busy starting the school year that it seems I have had no time for posting! Hopefully, things will settle down soon and life in the Russell house can get back to normal. (Or at least back to our version of normal!) Here's a sample of what's been keeping us busy since August 1:
1. Inservice, inservice, inservice. Since I changed districts I had to attend both the new teacher inservice days and the regular district inservice. So, I started back to work three days earlier than everyone else.
2. Matt had his second birthday. We had a party at the park with all his friends from our church and our family. It as a great day!
3. School started...I changed grades from prekinder to second. IT HAS BEEN A HUGE ADJUSTMENT. I am grading papers every night, planning every night, and questioning everything I do in my classroom. I feel like a new teacher. But, I am hopeful that I will figure it all out soon. My class is very sweet and they are very independant compared to the kinder and prek babies I have loved for so long.
4. Matt started mother's day out on Tues. and Thurs. So, he too has had to make some adjustments to his routines as well. Which has meant more planning on my part to make sure Marc gets him out the door on time in the mornings.

As soon as I can I will get the pictures off the camera and onto the computer. Thanks for being patient with me!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I miss seeing your sweet family!! Glad school is going so well!
Love you
Jodi

sweetsong said...

Your son is soooo cute. Hang in there. This time of year is so hard. I am actually not teaching right now. I am the Assistant Director of my daughters school. I miss teaching but the change has made my family life easier. It has been good to hear from you! Take care and things will slow down soon.
Fondly,
Mary Beth